Thursday, January 29, 2009

Changing the way we think

I will have to disagree that google and other internet search engines are some how re-wiring our brains. Yes, you may get a headache from looking at the computer screen for to long but I'm pretty sure my brain is functioning just as well when I first got on the computer. It is not the computer's fault that you can not pay attention while reading a book. People who work at a computer five days a week seem normal to me and are seemingly capable of living in the real world. I think that this article is trying to make us feel that we are going crazy and that the internet is trying to control our brains. We have the ability to control how we think, what we like and what we do. I do believe that people now spend entirely to much time on the computer. Myspace and facebook to me are almost a way for people to say and be what they really are not in real life. People consume themselves with what really does not matter. Computer search engines are great for the classroom because students have so much they can explore at their fingertips.

No comments:

Post a Comment